Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What Not To Do...

This is my kitchen sink. Things appear normal; breakfast bowls are waiting to be washed, plants are basking in the morning sun, and the children are probably somewhere nearby getting into mischief. What's not normal is beyond the window...


It all happened a few days ago when I was sitting in the recliner feeding Elisabeth. I started hearing suspicious sounds coming from the side of our house followed by the shattering of glass. I immediately blamed it on the dogs....they are always getting into trouble. "What was it this time?" I wondered.

So I got up and peeked out the window. To my surprise, the dogs were in fact innocent! Not so innocent however, was our next door neighbor. She was standing next to a smashed window {on her house} and holding a 2x4. Weird. So I watched {secretly, of course}. She began pulling chunks of glass out until she was able to reach in, unlock the window, slide it open, and crawl on through.

Hmmmmm....apparently she was locked out.

There had to be an easier way. Like, possibly coming and asking to use my phone? Maybe calling a locksmith? I probably would have treated her to a cup of hot chocolate while she waited. But no, smashing the window was her choice {obviously}.

Less than an hour later a glass repair man showed up. The window was replaced and evidence was eliminated. Which left me wondering....

Do you think she ever told her boyfriend {owner of home}
about the morning excitement??

I doubt it.





Related Posts with Thumbnails