Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Longest Day

They take pictures of children and their parents when they
check into the hospital...a safety precaution. Then they send it
home with you as a little souvenir. I think Elisabeth looks a
little suspicious in this picture!

Time for honesty; yesterday did not go exactly as planned. We arrived on time for the 7am MRI...and were told about 2 hours later that they had lost the order and needed to get a new one. More waiting. The order finally arrived and they prepped Elisabeth for her scan. In the mean time they let another child go have their MRI first. More waiting. And then they had to re-do that child's scan. More waiting.

After she finally got in, the actual MRI took about an hour. They called me back to the recovery room as she was coming out of sedation. It did not go well. She had a terrible reaction and was inconsolable for a long time.

When we got over to the neurosurgeons office to have her shunt reprogrammed we learned that he had gone into surgery. More waiting. An hour or so later his PA arrived in between surgeries. She quickly reset the shunt and sent us on our way.

Because of the rush, no one has viewed the scan yet. Hopefully on Monday.

I made it home at 6:55 pm...5 minutes before I had to leave for my symphony rehearsal. Rehearsal ran until 10:00 pm and then I had to be back again this morning for another rehearsal at 9:30 am. We spent the afternoon enjoying another car show. Now I am home getting ready for the concert tonight.

Whew. I am exhausted.

By the way....I didn't get my See's Candy....ran out of time. But the good news is that there is always another trip to Spokane. So no worries.

***One more thing.... I was slightly concerned that some people out there have not heard of (or tasted) See's Candy. A giveaway might be in order.
Related Posts with Thumbnails