Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Feeling Feisty



[Elisabeth in a borrowed 'Kid Walk'. We are trying to get her to put pressure on her legs...
but she's a stubborn one
.]

Yesterday I received a call from our insurance company. They just wanted to let me know that they have decided to stop covering Elisabeth's occupational therapy.

"And why is that?" I politely asked.

"Our records show that she is at a maintenance level now and is not showing any signs of improvement. So at that point we don't cover OT anymore," she replied.

"Oh really? According to who? Who says she is not improving?" I asked (still politely).

"We have a staff of doctors that review claims and they don't feel that Elisabeth will benefit from therapy. But I'll be sending you out some papers and you'll have the opportunity to appeal their decision."

"Yes, I think I just might do that," I said in a more sarcastic tone.

So, because Elisabeth doesn't eat well, or walk, or talk, or do all the other things that toddler's do....we should just give up on her? Really? Is that what they think?

Well think again. They are messing with the wrong mama.


I am grateful for my feisty side.
Related Posts with Thumbnails