Friday, January 1, 2010

2010


[The kiddo's out playing in the snow.]

Last week I was sitting in a class that was discussing New Year's resolutions and the best way to accomplish them.

They passed around a paper to be filled out titled, 'What I want to be doing 5 years from now'.

We were supposed to jot down our big aspirations (no matter how farfetched) and from there we would figure out how to plan smaller goals to lead you to the big goal.

I stared at my blank paper.

Nothing came to mind.

Where did I want to be in 5 years? Who did I want to be in 5 years?

There are trivial little things of course; I would love to have whiter teeth, and I suppose I should be eating more oatmeal, but as for the big things...the things that really matter....my mind drew a blank. And the more I thought about it I realized it's because I am living my idea of perfect right now. I love every single aspect of my life. In five years I hope that nothing has changed.

But in true New Years fashion, I feel inclined to come up with some sort of resolutions. After all, I am a very traditional person. So here is what I hope to accomplish this year:


***Whiten up my teeth***


***Eat more oatmeal***


(did I mention those already?)


***Cook one new recipe a week***




And there you have it.



Happy New Year!


***Stop by tomorrow for a special weekend edition post!






Related Posts with Thumbnails