Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fresh Air

So, a few weeks back Donald and I sat down to watch Oklahoma!. It was his pick, believe it or not (he'd never seen it and the girls had been playing the CD nonstop, so I think he was a little curious about it). Anyways, towards the beginning of the movie, Laurey (the main female character) walks out of her farmhouse carrying a birdcage and hangs it from a hook on the front porch.

And now, if you will, just imagine a light bulb turning on in my head.

Why didn't I ever think of that?

We have birds. Two little birds who live upstairs in the computer room. And while I have always made sure to give them a nice birds eye view out the window, it never occurred to me to actually put them outside every once in a while. Brilliant.

So a few days ago when the temperature was what we shall call perfect, I did it. I carried the birds downstairs and set them on a little table on the front porch. I think they were a little skeptical at first about this whole fresh air thing, but within a few minutes they were chirping away. Yes, they were happy; outdoors amongst their own kind, enjoying the sights and sounds and smells of Spring.

I think we are going to have to make a habit of this.

Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails