Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lorelai's Big Weekend: Part II

Spring Piano Recital
2010

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

The Dress:

Photobucket

A Susan Sorenson Original; my mother-in-law made it especially for this occasion. Is it not the most elegant recital dress? I love how it matched the Steinway she performed on.


The Hair:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

One of the reasons I always wanted daughters was so that I could dream up magnificent things to do with their hair. And Lorelai's hair is the perfect candidate for my minds creations. For the recital, I wanted her hair up and out of the way so that it wouldn't cover the dress. A circle braid did the trick.

Photobucket

There are no words to express how proud I am of Lorelai. When she started studying piano (just last Thanksgiving) I had no idea the potential that was within her. In the last 6 months I have seen a musician blossom right before my very eyes. She plays the piano all day long; both her lesson assignments and variations on songs that she has already learned. She loves it....and she's good at it. Not only has she flown through two levels of books, but her teacher graduated her from the books for younger children (she's only 5 mind you) to a set for older kids that moves along a little quicker.

I love my little pianist!
Related Posts with Thumbnails