Monday, July 19, 2010

Daddy-Daughter Camping Trip

Photobucket

About mid-day on Friday Donald loaded up the van with sleeping bags, fishing poles, a tent and our two oldest daughters. They then headed south to a lake in Oregon to go camping with best friends Evelyn, Lilly, Tessa and their father, Stephen. It was there that Lorelai caught her first fish! It now resides in my freezer, which is fine, except that fish and I do not get along (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that before.). But Donald says that he'll cook it up for himself one of these days and assures me that I won't have to have anything to do with it.

I opted to stay home from the big adventure with Elisabeth and boy oh boy the time I had! Remember that to-do list I wrote about on Friday? I completely conquered it; I dusted and vacuumed the entire house (top to bottom), did a gazillion loads of laundry (and got it all ironed and put away) and balanced the checkbook/payed some bills. After the chores were done I rewarded myself by going shopping at the mall with Elisabeth for a few hours. I got some adorable back to school clothes for the big girls (and perhaps a few things for myself too).

That evening I ordered some take-out from my favorite Mexican restaurant, put Lizzy to bed, ate my food, and stayed up til 2 am reading.

I think I might send them camping more often...

Photobucket
[Evelyn, Alexandra, Lorelai, Tessa, and Lilly]

Photobucket Photobucket

"The Big Catch"

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails