Monday, September 6, 2010

A September Concert

My favorite piano work has always been Mozart's Rondo Alla Turca. Something about it just captivates me. So last summer I decided to learn it.

Fail.

That did not happen.

But this year I recommited myself to it....and stuck with it.


Before you watch my online concert, I hope you will read through these few disclaimers:

> I am a violinist, not a pianist. I love playing the piano, but it is hard for me. Very hard. So please be patient and tolerant of any mistakes you hear.

> I am playing at a slow tempo. That's the best I could do.

> My piano is out of tune. Sorry. Calling the piano tuner is on my list of things-to-do.

> Elisabeth usually sits at the piano with me while I practice. It's her time to play too. So I decided to have her with me in the video...true to real life.

> Unfortunately, Elisabeth is getting tired when I made this video and starts getting a little fussy.

> Because she starts getting fussy, I make a decision to cut to the end of the piece. So this is an edited version of Rondo Alla Turca. Don't worry though, the part that I cut is basically more of the same.

Enjoy!


Related Posts with Thumbnails