Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Two and a Half Hours

Photobucket

[yesterday]

Lorelai: Mom, do you like who you are?

Me: Yes Lorelai, I do like who I am.


***
In other news...

Today is supposed to be Elisabeth's first day of school. I say supposed to be because on Thursday afternoon they gave me a last minute stack of medical forms that her pediatrician needs to fill out. Well, the doctor's office closed at noon on Friday and was closed yesterday and so I still don't have the forms completed.

Elisabeth's class isn't until 12:30 though, so I am hoping that I can hop on over to the pediatricians office after I drop Lex and Lor at school and get it taken care of. I hope, I hope.

Do you want to know something though? I am sort of having an anxiety attack over taking her to school. You see, I am very protective of her. I almost never, ever, ever leave her (except with Donald, of course). But if I ever have to have someone watch her, even family members, I am completely anxious the entire time we are apart. I can't help it, she's my special girl.

So the thought of taking her to school and leaving her there for 2 and 1/2 hours has left me with butterfly's in my stomach. It's not that I don't trust the school. They will be fabulous, absolutely fabulous. What makes me uneasy is the thought of her being confused; not knowing where she is or what is going on; wondering where her family is. These are the thoughts that make my stomach turn.

I had a dream last night that I had to take her to a boarding school and leave her for weeks at a time. Oh, the pain I felt in that dream! I cried and cried. I just couldn't fathom the thought of leaving her. So when I woke up I felt better; knowing that my separation from her was only going to be for a few hours and not a few weeks.

I can handle a few hours, right?
Related Posts with Thumbnails