Friday, February 18, 2011

2/3 of a Century!

My dad was an interesting man. His mind thought about things that the average Joe wouldn't give a second thought to. One thing that he made a point to remember were milestones in time. For example, he didn't just celebrate anniversaries; he celebrated things like '1/3-of-a century-anniversaries'.

Well, a few days ago, my mom called. And she told me that - in true 'Dad' fashion - she had figured out that this coming Friday [today] was going to be her 2/3-of-century birthday. My dad passed away nearly 7 years ago, so he's not here to make a fuss about it. So, that leaves me.

Happy
2/3-of-a-century,
Mom!



[My mom, at Disneyland last summer with the girls. Little known fact: When my mom has a free day she likes to spend it sitting on a bench in Disneyland, reading a good book and soaking up the atmosphere. That's the advantage of living in SoCal, I suppose [and of holding an annual passport].


Here's to another 1/3!
Related Posts with Thumbnails