Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Greeting Card Expert (or so I say)

As you may - or may not - know, I spent the better part of a decade working at a Hallmark shop. So when it comes to greeting cards, I consider myself an expert.

I can fully appreciate a card with beautiful poetic sentiments. But even better than a masterfully written card, is a card that is perfectly matched to its recipient.

Here are a few winners at our house this Valentine's Day:



Donald helped Elisabeth pick this one out for me. It completely represents me and Elisabeth - a mother and baby who love to snuggle. Plus, my number one goal when it comes to raising Elisabeth is to make sure that she always feels safe and loved. If she feels safe and loved, then I - as her mother - have done my job. How perfect that it said this inside:



Next up:



My mom hit the jackpot with this one (she gave it to Elisabeth). I mean, sure, lots of little granddaughters out there are special, but Elisabeth...she gives special a whole new meaning!



Last up:



I just about died when I saw this card in the 'husbands' Valentine section. Let me fill you in on the details: Donald and I had a Cinderella themed wedding in honor of my grandfather, who was one of the main artists that helped bring Cinderella 'to life' back in 1950. We had a horse-drawn carriage, I wore 'glass' slippers and gorgeous white pumpkins were everywhere. Well, as it turns out, our wedding invitations had this exact Cinderella image on it....exact. This card was meant for us. And to top it all off, I loved the sentiment it shared:


['Once upon a time, you swept me off my feet...and I've never quite come down to Earth.']

Related Posts with Thumbnails