Friday, May 3, 2013

A Third of a Century

1/3  photo b493ac8d-2c4f-48f2-a4d8-777dbce386b1_zps2ada6f0f.jpg 
 [This is what I look like at 1/3-of-a-century-old.]

Yesterday I hit a milestone: 

1/3 of a century old. 

That is 33.33333333 years. 

In my mailbox was a card from my mom,  
"Happy 1/3 of a century!" she wrote. 
Is she not the best?! 

I feel pretty good about this first third; I feel like I've accomplished quite a bit. Especially considering the fact that the first half of my fist third was simply spent growing up! Now it's time to start on the next third. That'll take me up to 66.66667. Which will be in September of 2046. 

A few things to do between now and then:

~ Finish raising my children. 
~ Start writing professionally. 
~ Buy a cello. 
~ Return to Salzburg. 

 I think I can get those things done in the next 33 years...don't you?

p.s. It seems like yesterday that I wrote my 30th birthday post and wondered what the decade ahead of me would bring. And now I realize that not only am I 1/3 of the way through a century, but I am 1/3 of the way through this fourth decade of mine...already! Holy smokes!
Related Posts with Thumbnails