Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lisa's Finishing School: Part 6

 photo 6cb59e59-b121-40b7-86d2-6c0316e12f77_zps54816331.jpg
[Lex and Lor, at intermission.]
Les Miserables. I'm in love with this musical. It has indeed taken over my life these past few weeks and I am totally okay with that. I brought the big girls to watch it on Saturday night and - while they enjoyed it - I don't think they are in love with it like I am. But that's okay. This year is about exposing them to lots of art, music, movies, musicals, dancing, singing (and etiquette). They don't have to love everything, just be aware of it.

Next month I'm playing in the pit orchestra for West Side Story. I've got plans on incorporating some Shakespeare into our studies (I can't wait to share the book series I discovered!) and explain how West Side Story was inspired by Romeo and Juliet.

In the mean time, I still have three more performances of Les Mis. If you live locally and haven't been yet, I strongly encourage you to do so. It is truly spectacular. Ticket info here.


P.s. I finally got my travel journal updated! Now for the rest of the tabs...
Related Posts with Thumbnails