Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Childhood Friend

 photo 0ad96883-5e08-4208-ab53-8a12eba628bc_zpsb013c04f.jpg 
Through the wonders of the internet, we have come in contact with a family that not only adopted a little boy from Ethiopia, not only adopted a little boy from the same orphanage as Elsa, but adopted a little boy who was a close friend of Elsa's in her remote, Gambellan village.

We are thrilled!

I showed his picture to Elsa and she grinned and said, "That's Tommy!" (name has been changed to protect the innocent).

She went on to tell me that he knew her family and she knew his Dad. Elsa has clear memories of being together as small children in their original home and playing together in the great African outdoors.

I can't express how excited and thankful I am to have this link to her past. I intend to keep them in touch as the years pass so that they can retain those memories of each other. To start, I had Elsa color him a picture, address the envelope, and pop it into the mailbox.

 photo 79ee8514-1f31-41c6-837a-adb9bd72e9dc_zpsea3efc69.jpg
Related Posts with Thumbnails