Friday, April 11, 2014

Meet Marta.

Big news!!! 

Huge news!!!

Alexandra recently auditioned for Mid-Columbia Musical Theater's upcoming production of The Sound of Music (the same production company that put on Les Miserables) and we found out today that she was cast as one of the Von Trapp children! Marta, to be exact!

We knew that word would come while she was at school today, so last night I told her that if she got the part I would tie balloons to the car when I picked her up. She thought I was joking. I was not.

When I pulled up to the school there were pink and yellow balloons floating out the sun roof. I watched as she spotted the van - and the balloons. She immediately hugged her teacher and started jumping up and down. Then she came running across the field to me:

 photo 66de738f-f86a-4267-9145-9939ddb9292c_zpsb8ec0cb6.jpg

 photo c886f84a-4512-4661-87e4-f4a733e2c622_zps46f6017f.jpg  photo fcb4d181-929a-426c-b4c9-72574cde0c75_zpsbb386ad9.jpg

The performances will be in July and of course I will be sharing details all along the way! I am trying to decide if I want to play in the orchestra for this production or not. Part of me thinks yes, so that Lex and I can do it together. But part of me thinks no, so I can be in the audience and watch Alexandra. I have some time to think it over. In the mean time, we are in celebration mode here at our house. I am so so so so so so so proud of Alexandra!!!

"I'm Marta, and I'm going to be seven on Tuesday, and I'd like a pink parasol."
-Marta, The Sound of Music
Related Posts with Thumbnails