Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Supergirl!

All the great ones are adopted.

  photo 4227801f-5c8f-427f-b0f0-41dd56fea845_zps8aa4ea96.jpg 

Speaking of superpowers... 

Our favorite thing these days is to pretend that Elsa is THE Elsa from Frozen. For example, if we are outside and it's really hot I'll say something like, 

"Hey, Elsa, do you think you could cool it down a bit, maybe make a little snow?" 

"But I don't have powers." 

"Is your name Elsa?"

"Yes."

"Then you must! Come on, I know you can do it, you don't have to pretend with me."

"But I can't! I really don't have powers."
(All said with a smile on her face)

Or....if we are in a building that is really cold:

"Elsa, it is freezing in here! Do you think you could make the cold go away? I mean, I know the cold never bothered you anyway...but just this once, could you warm it up?"

"But I can't! I don't have powers!"

"Come on Elsa, you can do it! Love can thaw a frozen heart."

And so on and so forth. Let me tell you, having her move here the same week that Disney's most popular movie in forever was released was quite fortunate - given that she shares a name with the star of the show.

Funny story:

Alexandra's classmate, Anna (pronounced the same as in the movie Frozen) actually said, "Why do you call your sister Elsa? Is it because the movie?"

Ha ha! Lex said, "Because it's her name!"

I told her she should have asked her why people call her Anna.

***

Thank you SO much to our friend, Mandy, who ordered this shirt for Elsa! 
She loves it!
Related Posts with Thumbnails