Saturday, June 7, 2014

Like New

 photo 8d07a911-6124-4533-bbd6-01456b598c06_zpsc442c23d.jpg

 From the moment they met, Elsa has been loving and tender to Elisabeth. She had an immediate understanding of Elisabeth's fragile body even without knowing the why's behind it.

Yesterday I was explaining a little more to Elsa about why Elisabeth will be like a baby forever. We talked about the human brain and how it controls your entire body. I explained how Elisabeth's brain got hurt, so her body doesn't work as it is supposed to.

Then, out of the blue, she said:

"When Elisabeth dies, she will be all better?"

It took me a moment to process what she was saying, and then I realized she was confirming that in the life after this, Elisabeth will be free from her handicaps.

"Yes," I told her. "Elisabeth will be all better. You will be able to talk to her in heaven and get to know who she really is. And Elisabeth will be able to laugh and run and play."

"She will be like new," Elsa replied.

My heart melted. Elsa is so wise and has such a keen understanding of all things - in this case, matters of a more spiritual nature.

I know that Elsa is right, one day Elisabeth will be like new.

One day, she will have a perfect body to go with her already-perfect spirit.

 photo 617c6408-d301-4f15-8cfa-4b57a8bec393_zpse73e1572.jpg
Related Posts with Thumbnails