Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Gotcha Day!

 photo 14861354-7865-49a0-b832-11aafec892dd_zpsee2e82e9.jpg

Last night I went to the library for an hour. I wandered around, perusing the shelves, carefully making selections to carry with me to Spokane today. Elisabeth has surgery tomorrow morning (a fundoplication and a pyloroplasty) with a four or five day hospital stay to follow. Thus the books. I ended up selecting As You Like It by William Shakespeare, We'll Always Have Paris by Ray Bradbury, and Mrs. McGinty's Dead by Agatha Christie. If I manage to get through those (plus Beautiful Ruins, my current read) I will turn to my Kindle for entertainment.

But before I can read, and before the surgery, and before I take Elisabeth to Spokane to get blood work done this afternoon, I need to finish getting things in order here on the home front: there are a lot of details to tend to when you leave your family for five days!

In other news...

It was one year ago today that we arrived at the orphanage to bring Elsa home. Many in the adoption community refer to this as Gotcha Day

Happy one year to us!

 photo a1436abe-2927-4bec-8167-efdc0ddea189_zpsdff7245d.jpg 
(The day they met, Nov 11, 2013.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails