Friday, March 13, 2015

The Parking Perk

Five years ago we got a handicapped placard for Elisabeth. I remember looking at the expiration date of March 2015 - it seemed like forever away. Looking at my then-two-year old Elisabeth it was hard to imagine her at seven. Yet here we are. As always, time keeps marching on and today we got our replacement placard (expiration 3/20 when Elisabeth is 12!).

 photo 7bf66ce8-3f7c-4f66-bba9-cc8d9dd40805_zps01zf7vr0.jpg 

But enough about that, let's talk about having a handicapped placard. I love it. Raising a child with brain damage is a lot of work - hard work, so I am going to enjoy the perks where they come. Parking up close is necessary because I need space to get the wheelchair in and out, but it is also just plain nice - and I'm not afraid to say it. 

I haven't done it yet, but one of these days I'm going to buy Elisabeth one of those shirts that say,

"I'm only in it for the parking."
Related Posts with Thumbnails