Sunday, November 8, 2015

My Climb Up Mt. St. Helens

Part 1: Why I did it.

Last March I began hiking a local hill named Badger Mountain. I found myself going up three, four, five times a week, addicted to the victorious feeling I got each time I reached the top.

One day, as I was getting ready to go hiking, I gave Elisabeth a hug and said, "Elisabeth, I couldn't take you even if I wanted to," knowing that the task of carrying her crippled body up the hill would be near impossible. Then I thought to myself, what if I had to? That's when I vowed to become strong, to work unceasingly towards improving myself so that I can always be whatever Elisabeth needs me to be.

Indeed, I decided that day that I would climb mountains for her.

 photo 20150912_131543_zpsxbzh5nsp.jpg  photo 20150912_132448_zpsvz1pnhzg.jpg

Related Posts with Thumbnails