Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving Day 2015

My life is everything I dreamed it would be... 
...and many things I never dreamed it could be.

  photo IMG_20151126_104849_zps5pryzdre.jpg
[Candles burning in my home, Thanksgiving Day, 2015.]

I dreamed of a beautiful home where my family would be safe and happy. I dreamed of being married and raising children with my husband. I dreamed of playing my violin for audiences. I dreamed of filling my home with books and creating an atmosphere of learning and imagination. I dreamed of traveling to far off lands and exploring the world. All of these things, by chance, as well as by determination, have become my reality. 

I did not dream I would adopt a child from across the globe. I did not dream that I would have the unique parenting experience of raising a child like Elisabeth. I did not dream I would climb mountains. But these things, too, have become my reality - and, oh, how lucky I feel! 

I have been blessed with the most amazing experiences and each day I feel immense gratitude that this is my life

Happy Thanksgiving!
Related Posts with Thumbnails