Monday, January 2, 2017

Birthday Thoughts

 photo 102e7146-685e-4cd7-a412-93e76bb61bf4_zpsynipont2.jpg

It's my new year.

January 2nd.

I know I have said it before, but I love having back to back new years. First, the new calendar year and then the new Lisa year. Needless to say, I really feel the pull to start afresh and improve myself the first week of January!

It's hard to believe that I am 37. With each year that passes the proportion of one year to that of my entire life gets smaller and smaller, and so the illusion begins that time is moving faster. It isn't, it's the same, but one year feels fast!

Here are a few of my resolutions and goals for the year ahead:

  • Feed Elisabeth by mouth every day so that she can enjoy food! 
  • Do a makeover on Elisabeth's little corner of our bedroom.
  • Become an official for USA Track and Field.
  • Research and study the composers and pieces I perform with the Symphony.
  • Write a dinner plan at the beginning of each week.
  • Create a miniature village in the back corner of my yard (like seen on the Storybook Land Canal Boats at Disneyland!).
And here are some of the things that I am most proud of at age 37:
  •  I love my job. When I am there I feel energized and inspired. I am one of the lucky ones that gets to do what they love and earn a living at the same time. This job was meant for me, of that I am sure. I am constantly brainstorming ideas so that I can provide rich and educational experiences for the boy I work with. And more importantly, I make sure he is happy, comfortable, safe, and included.
  • I am a musician and I use my talents. As a child my parents spared no expense to make sure that I was able to develop as a musician. Now, thanks to them, I am able to teach others, perform with a symphony, and use my abilities to provide music throughout my community (church services, weddings, etc.)
  • My home. I love my home. It suits me. I have no desire for more or better because I feel that what I have is perfect. I am grateful for the gift of contentment. As I look at the world around me it is easy to see that many fall into a pattern of always wanting more. That seems like a dreadful way to live! So yes, I love what I have and I cherish this place I call home.
  • I am proud of my home library. Over the years we have filled our home with books (Lex recently counted and the number exceeds 1200!). They bring me such happiness!
I am excited for the year ahead. I have a feeling a lot rich experiences await me...so here I go!

37!


Related Posts with Thumbnails