Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The First Day

Elisabeth ~ Preschool (special needs)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Since yesterday was her first day, I drove Elisabeth to school myself and wheeled her down the hallway and into the classroom. Then I set her on the carpet with her favorite sock monkey (for comfort and security, of course) and a few toys.

That's about the time I started crying.

When did I become such a softy?

Photobucket
***

Two and a half hours later I was back to pick up my angel. I found her out on the playground all bundled up. While the other children were having fun climbing all over the jungle gym, Elisabeth was enjoying a nice stroll in her wheelchair:

Photobucket

Mother and daughter, reunited again.

It was a sweet moment.

All in all it was a successful day. Today she goes again....but this time on the school bus!
Related Posts with Thumbnails