Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Alexandra's Birthday!



I got home from my concert on Saturday night and went upstairs to give the girls hugs and kisses.

I found Alexandra in bed, sobbing.

"What's wrong?" I asked tenderly as I knelt next to her bed.

"Tomorrow is the last day I will ever be 7 years old," she replied through her tears.

"Yes, that's true, you won't be 7 anymore, but there are many good things about turning 8. You know what they say...8 is great!" I told her with excitement - hoping that she would buy into it.

"But I like being 7. It's not fair," Alexandra complained.

"I know, but that's just the way it is; time marches on. Before you know it, you'll be 16 and I'll be saying 'Alexandra, can you drive down to the store and buy a gallon of milk?'"

A little smile came to her face at the thought of one day being 16...and driving. And with that smile I decided it was time to kiss her goodnight and let her drift off to dreamland.

***
Happy 8th Birthday Alexandra!

You are a dream come true.
Related Posts with Thumbnails