Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Trimmed in Gold

My Grandma Coats loved gold. Loved it, loved it, loved it. It was kind of her thing.

She passed away two years ago and I was lucky enough to inherit her fine china. And, it's all trimmed in gold - of course.

I spent yesterday unpacking it all and carefully stacking it into cupboards. As I put it away I reflected back to a Thanksgiving dinner we had at her house when I was probably 8 or 9. We used these same dishes. And now they sit in my kitchen and my little family will eat a Thanksgiving feast of our own upon them come this November.

Like I said the other day, time just keeps marching on and many things change - but some things stay the same. (And I like that).












p.s.
I feel like a real grown up now that I have fine china.

p.p.s. The gold trim on the dishes matches my toenails.

p.p.p.s. Tomorrow night there is going to be a Choffy Tasting Spectacular at my house from 6:30 until 9:00. And you are invited! So pop on in and try some Choffy - and maybe buy a bag or two. You know, support the cause (I do have a spinal surgery to pay for after all). Email me at greenstan@charter.net for directions.

p.p.p.p.s. I think I'll be sipping my Choffy in one of those cute little coffee cups up there.
Related Posts with Thumbnails