Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Summertime = Violin and a Mystery Novel

I'm currently reading The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie. Reading it has reminded me of a summer when I was 15 or 16 - I was on a total Agatha Christie kick. I recall laying on the floor of my bedroom, reading, while listening to Joshua Bell perform Mendellsohn's violin concerto on my CD player. Good times.

Joshua Bell is my favorite violinist, and has been, well, since that summer of my youth.  I'm still fascinated by his subway experiment ( I wrote about it last October, click here to read that post) and one of these days I am determined to see him in concert. My mom and brother will see him perform in September - LUCKY!

While we are chatting about Joshua Bell, I absolutely have to share this YouTube video I stumbled upon. It is of Joshua performing Tchaikovsky's violin concerto in a masterclass back in 1982.
It blew my mind.


Okay, now I need to get back to my book. I only have about 10% left and can't wait to see who-dunnit!
Related Posts with Thumbnails