Thursday, April 28, 2016

It's Elsa's 9th Birthday!

Nine! 

  photo aa29aa37-fdf3-4246-ba02-58497825a053_zpsqcf6gvmv.jpg

I wonder it often, but on her birthday more than other days: 
What was I doing the day Elsa was born? 

The truth is, we aren't 100% sure of her birth year. If it was in fact 2007 as we celebrate it, I had just found out about Elisabeth's hydrocephalus a few days prior...meaning I was in the depths of despair. I was mourning what I was sure would be the loss of my baby, when in fact, not only would my baby live, but a little girl born half way around the world would be mine, too. Constantly I marvel at life - at the unexpected twists and turns, and how those twists and turns offer so much experience and knowledge and joy. 

Happy Birthday, Elsa Lelise!

It is an honor to be your mother. 

 Xoxo.
Related Posts with Thumbnails