Tuesday, January 15, 2008

An idea for Emily

I just read Emily's blog about Madelyn watching TV and it reminded me of what I used to do with Alexandra and Lorelai when they were babies. They too loved to "watch" TV. So I decided to make it educational. We have a large collection of Disney animated movies and so I would put them on in French. Most DVDs these days have French and Spanish as an option on the main menu. I LOVE France (those of you at Lorelai's 1st birthday party know this; croissants, Eiffel towers, beret's...the whole french thing) so I decided to expose them to the french language from the start. Thanks for your post Emily....I had forgotten I used to do that. I think I'll start putting them on for Elisabeth now. She can't watch them, but she can hear!

Related Posts with Thumbnails