Thursday, February 28, 2008

Never Too Old To Learn

So last week Alexandra had her very first violin lesson. It was fabulous. She loved every minute of it and was receptive to everything that Dr. Burroughs taught her. Her enthusiasm for practicing has been huge this week. She diligently got out her violin everyday to work on this week's assignments.

Alexandra, on her way to her 1st lesson

So back to the lesson. At the end Dr. Burroughs told Alexandra to, "have her Mommy bring her violin next time". I looked at him somewhat puzzled and he told me that because she is just starting she doesn't need the entire time slot and so he would like to teach me too! It gets better, he is actually going to charge me LESS than he normally would if I agree to the lessons. OK!!! My violin is packed, I'm ready to learn.

I think of this as a wonderful opportunity. I have studied with some of the greatest teachers in the world and to be quite honest, Dr. Burroughs ranks right up there with the best. I know that if he chose to he could play in any great symphony in any big city, or teach at Julliard..he's that good, and that smart.

I'm looking forward to having lessons again. This will be a chance to progress, to improve, and to stretch myself to a new level of performance. This just goes to show that you are never to old too learn.


My violin, made in 1770

Related Posts with Thumbnails