Monday, May 12, 2008

4 years ago today I was at....

American Idol!!!

{my ticket}

I must admit.....I was a little disappointed at first that my ticket was for the result show instead of the performances, but it turned out to be anything but disappointing. When we walked into the studio where the stage was we discovered that our seats were in the 2nd row directly behind the judges! We were so close that I could see each of Paula's poorly done hair extensions. My sister was with me and managed a little innocent flirting with Simon as they powdered his nose during commercials.

We were also pleasantly surprised to find out that it was an hour long result show as opposed to the 30 minutes ones that they had been doing that season. And the highlight....Clay Aiken was there to perform! Loved it!

The exact show we were at was the one where Latoya London was eliminated leaving Jasmine Trias, Diana DeGarmo, and of course....Fantasia Barrino. And because it was recorded live, eastern time, we were able to drive to my moms house afterwords in time to watch it air on the pacific coast. We cheered when we saw ourselves in the audience. Such a fun time and a wonderful memory to have! I think that I'll try to make it again next year. Maybe this time for a Tuesday performance show.

Related Posts with Thumbnails