Thursday, May 15, 2008

Something Needs to Change

Suddenly, my calendar is booked. I have been working way more at Hallmark, and I have had lots of rehearsals. Not intentionally, it just happened. For the past month or so it seems that I am gone every week night and I am longing to go back to the way it was. My ideal night includes a family dinner, bathing the children, family prayers, getting the children put to bed, and then spending the rest of the evening relaxing.

Donald tells me that the girls ask every night why Mommy can't put them to bed. It breaks my heart. I never wanted to be the mother that was gone all the time. Granted, they are with me all day long, but I don't wanted to miss out on those precious bedtime rituals. Rituals like checking for monsters under the bed, and reading stories, and tucking in, and hugging , and saying 'I love you's'. I need to make a change, now.
Related Posts with Thumbnails