Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Doing Better

What a difference a day makes. Elisabeth is tolerating the diet much better today. Hopefully she keeps it up so that they will let us go home tomorrow.

In the mean time, I have been getting some reading in. The dietitian gave me a very informative book on the ketogenic diet. It has great stories about other children that have been on the diet as well as tips for parents and recipe ideas. I have also been enjoying the gift shop downstairs. What a delightful place. I would even go so far as to say it's the nicest gift shop that I have ever seen....and I work at a Hallmark store, so I know gift shops! They have the most lovely merchandise and beautiful displays. I could spend all day browsing their store.

My sister-in-law, Heidi, has kept me well fed. She is a talented cook and has been kind enough to have me in their home each night for dinner. Not only is it great to have a delicious meal, but I have enjoyed visiting with her and her family. Yesterday her two girls and I went on a two mile walk around their neighborhood. The fresh air did me some good!

Well, I better get back to the baby. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

~Lisa
Related Posts with Thumbnails