Friday, August 15, 2008

Updates (of all sorts)

My Health:

ugghh...I have been sick for a week, and while I am not deathly ill, it's still a nuisance. I've had it all, pink eye, aching from head to toe, stuffy nose, sore throat....need I go on? I'm on the mend though.

Soccer:

Alexandra scored her first goal yesterday. Woohoo! You can't even imagine how excited Donald is about this! One very proud papa.

Parent/Child Swim Class:

Donald and I just finished a two week swim class with Lorelai and Elisabeth. Unfortunately, Elisabeth missed several days due to my being sick, but she still benefited from the experience. She went from being frozen with fear on the first day, to kicking and splashing on the last day.


Deal or No Deal:

Still waiting to hear from the producer. I emailed him last week to see if they had made a decision yet. He wrote back and said, "I want to do everything in my power to use YOUR school". Apparently he attended the reunion for the other school and they did something that really angered him. So hopefully one day soon I will get the call to fly on down to SoCal for the taping!

Kindergarten:

It's just around the corner. Yesterday Alexandra received a letter in the mail from her teacher telling her when her orientation day is....exciting! We have been having fun shopping for school clothes. One of my favorite outfits we have put together:



Infantile Spasms:

Still going strong :( . You never know when she is going to have them. One day I was helping Elisabeth play the piano when all of the sudden she had a spasm and her head went smashing into the keys...ouch! She will be in the hospital all next week to start the Ketogenic Diet. More on that later.

Eating:

Speaking of Elisabeth and her diet, I can't get her to eat....solids, that is. She refuses. It could be a result of the spasms. They take a child backwards developmentally and cause them to lose skills that they once had. Well, she will not eat, and I can find no other explanation. I try putting food in her mouth and she just lets her mouth gape open until it all dribbles out. Thank goodness she still takes a bottle.



Enjoy your weekend! Since I'll be out of town with Elisabeth all next week, I will spend the next few days getting my household in order. I want to know that things are running smoothly on the home front during my absence! I will continue to post during our hospital stay....trust me, I'll be bored out of my mind and searching for things to do. Till then...
Related Posts with Thumbnails