Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Penmanship

My grandmother had the most beautiful penmanship. Elegant, sophisticated, fluid. I always admired it. Some of my most precious keepsakes are the cards and notes that she gave me. She died a month before Lorelai was born, but she hand wrote a little note to her before she passed away. I know that Lorelai will grow to treasure that little piece of paper.

I can remember my Grandma telling stories of her grade school years. She always emphasized the fact that they taught actual penmanship back then. Do they even care much about that anymore? Sadly, I don't think so.


My own penmanship has begun to slip. I've noticed it getting sloppier and sloppier. It's not that I am unable to write in a beautiful fashion, it's just that I don't take the time to do it. So my new goal is to leave behind the scribbles and start writing pretty. There is something about beautiful handwriting that I admire, so it's worth it to me to make the effort. Pen and paper...here I come.

Related Posts with Thumbnails