Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yesterday


So her first birthday was spent in a place she is very familiar with...the hospital. Ugghh.

I noticed early in the day that she was doing something very strange. She would go into a non-responsive state and then her eye lids would close and start rapidly blinking and twitching. It would last for anywhere from a few seconds to 15 seconds and then she would snap out of it and be totally normal. The first time I thought it was just weird, and then it happened again...and again...and again. Some new type of seizure I was sure.

So we went and got her one year pictures taken, and then we made it home in time for her therapy session. Finally I had a chance to call the neurologist. He recommended I take her straight to the emergency room...where I spent the next 4 hours.

She is OK, but the new seizures are still happening frequently. They are quite different from anything I had seen before. She has an appointment with the neurologist next week. In the past 24 hours she has had severe episodes of 3 types of seizures. I think it's safe to say that the diet is definitely not working.

Aside from the hospital trip we had a wonderful day celebrating our little miracle. Thanks to everyone who left comments of love and support. It was truly a joyous day for our family. I hope that many of you will be able to join us to celebrate this Saturday. Please email or call me for more specific party details. If you didn't see the invitation, click here.

Snuggling with big sister in the hospital bed.

Everything is better when Daddy is there...

Related Posts with Thumbnails