Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Go Figure


So, the fam and I went ice skating this past weekend. Well, correction.... Alexandra, Lorelai and I went ice skating. Elisabeth stayed bundled up in her Bob Revolution Stroller and Donald happily agreed to stay with her. In all honesty, Donald will not put on ice skates. He tried it once when I was pregnant with Lizzy...I got it on video....stand up....fall....stand up....fall....{you get the picture}. So no more skating for Donald.

But for me, it was fun. I hadn't put on skates in something like 10 years. I wasn't so sure how it would go. There was once upon a time that I knew how to skate. Nothing fancy, of course, but I could do a waltz jump {take off from a forward outside edge, make a half revolution turn in the air, and land on a back outside edge on the opposite foot}. I am sure that any real skaters out there are laughing at my 'great success'.

Donald said that it would be like riding a bike, I wouldn't forget. Well, I didn't make any jumps...but I also didn't make any falls. It felt great to be out on the ice. Something different from my everyday life of folding laundry.





{see me way back there???}

I was able to make a few laps around with no kids. Freedom.



It's the last day of the year...

make it a good one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails