Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hodgepodge

1) The concert at the retirement home went well. I had one resident pull me aside afterwards and say, "This makes me feel good about the younger generation. All you ever hear about is the bad, but I can see that there is still some good."

2) Donald and I are registered to run in the Cable Bridge 5K on Saturday morning. It's supposed to be like 10 degrees and snowy. Are we crazy?

3) Alexandra has what I am sure is a UTI. She screams that it burns every time she goes potty. Now I have to brave all the snow to get her to the doctor today. Poor little girl. Poor me.

4) I am so grateful to have a husband. He is my best friend and listens to all my woes. He cheers me on and cheers me up. Last night I enjoyed a long soak in the tub while he cleaned the whole house. Then he went out and got me a hot fudge brownie Sunday from McDonald's.

5) Elisabeth is doing amazing. The progress she is making developmentally is almost unbelievable. Yesterday while her therapist was here she shook a rattle with her right hand and actually passed it to her left hand. This is HUGE for her. Her therapist actually got teary eyed. Christmas miracles!

6) I love the way the Christmas tree glows. It's so magical.



7) It's 7:45 and Donald's work just called to see why he isn't there. He's not there?? He's not here either. In fact, he left about an hour and a half ago. Now I am in panicked wife mode, imagining that he has slipped off the road and is stranded in the snow. Maybe we should get cell phones after all...

UPDATE AT 8:58: Donald made it to work. There was just a series of unfortunate events that led to his tardiness. Everything is OK. Whew...

Related Posts with Thumbnails