Monday, December 22, 2008

On Holiday

{Christmas cards decorate the windows of my kitchen}

I am officially on holiday. Last night I performed at my final violin engagement of the season {4 different pieces of music at a Christmas concert}. When I got home I was pooped and told Donald that I am not picking up my violin for at least a week. He said that was a good idea and then cooked me a delicious omelet stuffed with cheese, ham, tomatoes, and olives. Have I mentioned lately how much I love my husband???

Tonight is our Family Christmas Party. And while I am looking forward to it immensely, I also took a moment to look backward to the Family Christmas Party 2007. I have a priceless little video showing a then-3-year old Lorelai throwing a huge tantrum when her part of the talent show didn't go as planned. As we drove home from the party a year ago I vowed that I would return this year with well-behaved children {and a thinner body...I've lost 20 pounds...that's a start}.

I know that many of you will be there tonight. And I know that you all have beautifully behaved children. Yes you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and a million other you's that make up this wonderful family that I am a part of. Do me a favor...if my children start acting up again, feel free to offer me some parenting advice {I won't be offended}.

Merry Christmas!
Related Posts with Thumbnails