Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Story About A Pair Of Shoes

Alexandra spent a few years {literally} pleading for a pair of red sparkle shoes. Last October her dream came true. We bought a pair to help transform her into Dorothy on Halloween night.


Not a day has gone by that she hasn't worn those shoes. She has loved the sparkle right off of them. So several days ago I told her that she could no longer wear them; they were too far gone. With a sad heart she agreed, but asked that they not be thrown out with the garbage. That sounded fair enough to me. So they kept their home in the shoe closet, and Alexandra resorted to wearing her Nike's.


Yesterday, as we were getting ready to leave the house she approached me, red sparkle shoes in hand.

"Can you please hide these?" she asked. "It's too hard to see them and not get to wear them."

I obliged.

Valentine's day is a right around the corner.
I think I know the perfect gift....
Related Posts with Thumbnails