Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happiness Is A Choice


My 3rd favorite movie is Pollyanna. I love it for many reasons, one being the lesson that it teaches. And that lesson is this:

There is always good to be found.

I try to live by that philosophy and have been having long talks with my children lately about having a positive attitude. I frequently tell them that they can choose to find the good or they can choose to find the bad. It's that simple. Happiness is a choice.

So, I have decided to find the good in my situation. I know what you are thinking....'what's good about being in the hospital with your sick baby?' Well....let me share:

The bad: I've been cooped up inside for 3 days.
The good: It's been cold and rainy outside. I love being cooped up when it's cold and rainy outside.

The bad: I have to sleep in a hospital bed with nurses coming and going all night long.
The good: I am a talented sleeper. I can sleep anywhere and through anything.

The bad: Being away from home means I'm falling behind on household chores.
The good: I made a quick stop at home and discovered that my husband did all the chores {Even the stairs were vacuumed!}.

The bad: The hospital stocks thin, very thin, toilet paper.
The good: I brought my own from home. Charmin Ultra to be exact.

The bad: These stays are quite expensive.
The good: Insurance will cover most of it.

The bad: Elisabeth's antibiotic has given her diarrhea.
The good: An unlimited supply of diapers.

The bad: It's difficult to care for the older two girls when I'm with Elisabeth at the hospital.
The good: My husband can take time off from work to help meet their needs while I'm away.

The bad: I have been eating a lot of cafeteria food.
The good: My mother-in-law has been having my family over for dinner each night.

The bad: Elisabeth has medical problems.
The good: I live in a time and a place where her medical problems can be treated.

I would say that 'The Good' won out every time!
don't you agree?

*Haven't seen Pollyanna? Do yourself a favor and watch it today!

**They are coming to draw Elisabeth's blood at 8:00 am. That should provide us with a lot of answers. I'll post an update later.

***My brother is having a contest on his blog to win movie tickets. Go enter to win! Click here.







Related Posts with Thumbnails