Sunday, March 1, 2009

Update:


I am going to be honest here; I am kind of getting lost in all the medical jargon around these parts. It's like Chinese to me. But here is the gist of it:

They are quite concerned with her platelet count which is dangerously low. After consulting a hematologist it was decided that she would receive a platelet transfusion {which should be happening in the next hour or so}. After that they will start giving her injections of Neupogen which will hopefully stimulate the growth of white blood cells.

Elisabeth continues to be very sick. She sleeps most of the time and when she does wake up she just moans. So I cuddle her and love her and whisper sweet things to her in the hopes that it might bring her some sort of comfort. That's about all I can do at this point.

More later....
Related Posts with Thumbnails