Friday, May 8, 2009

4:33 AM

Elisabeth and I are heading out for the day. I know it's early, but we have to make it to Spokane in time for a 7:00 a.m. MRI. She has a new medical issue....and we need to figure out what's going on (does she ever not have a new issue?). I will share more details later (when I myself actually have them).

Donald's taking the day off of work to stay home and be Mr. Mom. That includes shuttling kids around, combing hair, providing meals, and hopefully:

  • mopping the kitchen floor
  • vacuuming the stairs
  • making beds
  • cleaning the upstairs
  • (hint hint)

I enjoy these days with Elisabeth. Just the two of us, out on the open road. We will probably listen Glen Beck and Beethoven. How's that for a good pair?

She will be sedated for the MRI which leaves me several hours to read the May issue of Real Simple Magazine. Cover to cover. Oh, I am so excited! It's not often that I have down time. Time when there truly is nothing else that I should be doing and so I can do things like read a magazine....guilt free.

After the MRI we will head over to her neurosurgeon's office to have her shunt reprogrammed and hopefully to hear the results.

Then she and I have a few errands to run while in Spokane; pick up a cello from a repair shop for a friend, and buy myself a box of chocolates from See's Candy (since my own city is See's Candy-less). We will also stop by and visit with Donald's sister, Heidi, and her family. I am sure that they would love some 'Elisabeth time'.

Alright....enough rambling on about my plans for the day....I'd better hit the road.

Related Posts with Thumbnails