Monday, August 3, 2009

My Old Stomping Grounds


We arrived at my mom's house a little past 4:00 yesterday. After being couped up in the car for 3 days the children had a lot of built up energy to release, so they spent the rest of the day (and on into the evening) exploring their new surroundings (my old surroundings).

As Donald and I unpacked we relished in the fact that we have two whole weeks before we hit the road again. Two weeks to soak in the sun, play, swim, shop, and reminisce. Going home is like taking a trip down memory lane. It's such a big part of me; but it's starting to seem like a long time ago. I walked into my old bedroom and looked around; I told my children that that was my room when I was little like them. Later on I tucked them into bed in my old room and thought pleasantly on life. I love how it works; how life moves on, but still stays the same. It's just perfect.
Related Posts with Thumbnails