Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Valentine Review: Part I

My first
1st grade
Valentine's Day
party.

1987

23 years ago I missed my 1st grade Valentine's Day party. I went home early with a burning fever. Of all the days to get sick....

*******************************

2010

On Friday morning I was getting Alexandra ready for school. I reminded her that it was the day of the Valentine party and that I would be coming to her classroom to help. She did not need to be reminded of this; first graders do not forget about things like Valentine's Day parties.

As I combed her hair I told her how when I was in the first grade I missed my party....how I had gotten sick and had to go home....and how sad I was that day.

Then she turned to me and said,

"Mom! You finally get to go to a first grade Valentine's Day party! "

And you know what? It was everything that I had imagined...except better...because I got to share it with my own little valentine.




Related Posts with Thumbnails