Thursday, March 11, 2010

Remembering



My dad painted this picture. Isn't it lovely? It's one of my all time faves (up there with Across the Way, which was painted by my Grandfather (my dad's dad)).

I remember once telling him how wonderful I thought it was. He brushed the compliment aside and told me that a real artist would look at it and laugh. I know I am not a real artist, and perhaps I don't know the rights and wrongs of painting, but I do know beautiful when I see it, and it is beautiful.

My father passed away 6 years ago today. I think it's always important to stop and reflect and remember those who have come (and gone) before us. It's important to remember the good....and the bad. That's how we learn about life. That's how we as people can become better.

So today I have been on the phone with my mom, and we have reminisced. He is so clear in my memory...he is not an easy person to forget. It's strange to me that he died before Lorelai was even born; it seems like she's been around forever....but truly it doesn't seem like he's been gone that long. I remember him like it was yesterday. I wonder if that will ever change?


Related Posts with Thumbnails