Thursday, September 23, 2010

Know Who You Are

I forgot to mention...

There was one area (when they did Elisabeth's evaluation a few weeks ago) where Elisabeth scored in the 2-3 year old age bracket. I don't remember the 'technical' name for it, but it has to do with being aware of yourself; she is aware of her hands, she is aware of her feet; she understands when someone calls her name; she knows who she is.

How interesting, that out of the million-gazillion areas in which she was tested, this was the one place where she shined.

It reminded me of that scene in The Lion King where Simba is lost (emotionally) and his father, Mufasa, appears to him and tells him to 'remember who you are'.

I would say that is one of life's most important lessons; know who you are, understand who you are. And how amazing that my Elisabeth, who is still a baby in so many ways, knows who she is. That although she is trapped in a body that limits her knowledge of this world, her spirit is fully aware of itself.

Yes, she's got the important things all figured out.

And I can't say I'm surprised.

Photobucket

Happy Birthday to my big sister, Kristin! I love you!
Related Posts with Thumbnails