Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Wall

Lorelai was in tears yesterday afternoon...and she couldn't fall asleep last night...because she was scared. Scared because she got in trouble at school for doing a flip on the jungle gym bar. That's right...in trouble for doing a flip. And what's even more sad is that she said she didn't know she wasn't allowed to do flips, and I believe her. I mean, she's only been a Kindergartner for 8 weeks....I'm sure she doesn't know every single rule that's been written.

So her punishment is that she has to stand on the wall during recess today.

She is horrified by this.

I told her that I will go talk to the principal today. Because really, I don't think a child should be punished for a rule that they didn't know existed.

"But what if they still make me stand on the wall?" she asked.

"Then I will stand there with you," I replied.

And I will. Oh yes, I will.
Related Posts with Thumbnails