Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Autumn Wonderland

When we woke up yesterday morning we discovered that the late night snowfall had successfully blanketed the earth in white fluff.

Too anxious to properly get dressed for snowy weather, the children ran outdoors - pajamas still on - and took in the (Autumn) wonderland all around them.




It didn't take too long, however, for them to realize that the best place to enjoy such beauty was from the warmth of our own home. So in they came. I found them perched on the kitchen table, watching the snow pile high on the seats of the teeter totter in the backyard.



Luckily, the girls had the day off of school - so I decided that we would just stay in. And we did. In fact, I never left the house - except to go out front and shovel the driveway.

As I was getting on my gloves and coat I told Alexandra what I was going to do, to which she replied,

"You are?!?!?!?"

I admit, this is something totally out of the ordinary for me. I'm not a shovel-the-driveway-kind-of-girl, but I thought it would be a sweet surprise for Donald to find when he got home. (and it totally was).

Other activities the children enjoyed on our snow day:

Doing the splits on the recliner.

We had a family movie night a few weeks back where we watched the new Karate Kid. Alexandra was completely inspired....






Today: Another Snow Day!
Related Posts with Thumbnails