Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Curls: Attempt #1

* ** *
* Alexandra has to have tight curls for the Nutcracker performances this weekend. This was my trial run:



I was so proud of myself. Look at those gorgeous curls!

But not everyone was so impressed with my handy-work. Alexandra's curls were given a huge FAIL when inspected at the studio.

They are

a) too soft; not stiff enough.
b) too fat.

I was a little annoyed at first, but the truth is, their attention to detail is what puts on such a flawless and spectaular performance.

So last tonight I gave it another go. I doubled the amount of curlers and saturated her hair in spray gel. She'll have to wear them at school all day today, at rehearsal tonight, at school tomorrow, and then - at tomorrow's dress rehearsal - we'll take them out and see if she gets a passing grade.

I hope, I hope. Fingers crossed. And all that jazz...

** * *
* *
Related Posts with Thumbnails