Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Little Perspective

So, I had decided that this surgery wasn't going to be a big deal. I mean, I go in, they knock me out, they fix my knee, and a few days later, I'm good as new, right?

And then I got to thinking about last summer.

I had the exact same thoughts about getting my wisdom teeth extracted and it turned out to be a most miserable experience. [Emphasis on miserable.]

Now I'm wondering if I could be wrong again. What if this does turn out to be a lot more difficult of a recovery than I have been thinking?

***
So that's where my mind was yesterday...and then I dreamt up this imaginary conversation with Elisabeth:

Me: Today's the big day, I'm going in for knee surgery and I am a little nervous about it.

Elisabeth: Knee surgery? Is that all? Go have brain surgery and then come back and we'll talk.


Perspective.
It's everything.



***My surgery is in the late morning. Wish me luck. (Even if it isn't brain surgery.)
Related Posts with Thumbnails